Developer Argent appoints Head of Construction
London-based developer Argent, which currently has 10,000 homes and over 3 million square feet of commercial space in its pipeline, today announces the appointment of a Head of Construction, to oversee its projects and those of its new company, Argent Related.
Mark Shirburne-Davies, formerly Development & Design Director of Laing O’Rourke, joins from Oak Tree-backed developer PegasusLife where he was Chief Operating Officer. He will be responsible for the delivery of Argent Related’s transformative projects at Brent Cross South and Tottenham Hale, as well as the build-out of King’s Cross’ final phases.
Mark has extensive experience in the industry, shaping design, procurement and delivery strategies for large-scale projects in the UK and around the world, including in Hong Kong and the Middle East. At Argent he will work with the Partner team to provide strategic business direction on design, buildability, procurement and all aspects of construction delivery that embrace innovation, digital technology and procurement.
Brent Cross South is a 30-year regeneration project which will give North London a remarkable new town centre. In Tottenham Hale, Argent Related’s proposed scheme will create new public realm, amenity, 1,000 homes and a revitalised heart for a proudly urban location.
David Partridge, Managing Partner of Argent, says, “Bringing Mark in to head up our construction and delivery processes is a really important move for us. Argent’s development pipeline at King’s Cross, Paradise in Birmingham and (through Argent Related) at Tottenham Hale and Brent Cross South is an extensive and ambitious one. Mark’s considerable skill and experience will be vital in executing this programme effectively and efficiently, in what is inevitability going to be a challenging environment.”
Mark Shirburne-Davies, who took up the new role on Monday 8 October, says, “Joining the Argent team is a hugely exciting moment in my career and I am really looking forward to working with the Partners and team to help complete the King’s Cross and Paradise developments and deliver the next generation of stunning projects at Tottenham Hale and Brent Cross.”
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future