Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
An ambitious new programme to transform Tottenham Hale was announced today as Haringey Council confirmed it will enter a strategic partnership with the developer, Argent Related. The regeneration of Tottenham Hale represents the first phase of London’s largest Housing Zone in Tottenham. The partnership with Argent Related will deliver a range of around 800 homes (including market sale, build to rent and affordable) around the Tottenham Hale transport hub, with Victoria line, National Rail and future Crossrail 2 services.
Haringey Council’s cabinet approved plans to enter into the strategic partnership with Argent Related, which will bring together key sites, central to Haringey’s ambitions for a new town centre at Tottenham Hale. Alongside the new mixed-tenure homes, there will be new shops, cafes and restaurants and community facilities, including a health centre. The redevelopment of Tottenham Hale will also mean improved green spaces and better access to both the new Tottenham Hale transport interchange and the Lee Valley Regional Park.
The Ada National College for Digital Skills will open in Tottenham Hale in September 2016. The college will equip young people with the latest high-tech skills and qualifications from software programming and data science to games design and app development. The new college underpins Haringey’s growing reputation for education, skills and training, as highlighted by Haringey STEM Commission and the boom in tech and manufacturing research and industry in the local area.
The strategic partnership with Argent Related is the latest in a series of major investments in Tottenham including:
• £3 million refurbishment of Marcus Garvey library which formally opens on 13th July 2016.
• ‘High Road West’ development near the Spurs stadium will build a new neighbourhood in North Tottenham with 1,400 homes, new business space and a major new public square. In June 2016 Haringey launched the search for a partner for the High Road West development.
Leader of Haringey Council, Claire Kober said:
“Our Tottenham Hale programme will create thousands of new jobs and new affordable homes. We are delighted to be working with Argent Related, a partnership which brings together two companies, one with a track record in successfully transforming King’s Cross and the other with extensive expertise in major development. We look forward to working with Argent Related to deliver a thriving new town centre with great places to live, work and shop in the heart of Tottenham Hale.”
Robert Evans, Partner at Argent, said:
“Argent Related is focused on opportunities, like Tottenham Hale, to work with committed local authority partners to transform urban areas and improve the lives of communities with the right housing and workspace provision, social and community facilities, public infrastructure and other investment. We are delighted with today’s decision and look forward to moving forward quickly, into design and delivery.”
- Developer Argent appoints Head of Construction
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future