Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
Peter Freeman, who founded Argent with his brother Michael in 1981 has been named Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2020 New Year’s Honours List, in recognition of his services to ‘Housing and Communities’.
This Honour comes 24 years after the first industry-wide Property Week Awards announced Michael and Peter jointly as Property Personality of the Year and Argent as Developer of the Year and Innovator of the Year.
Peter is currently an active non-executive director of both Argent and its highly-regarded area regeneration project King’s Cross.
Outside Argent, Peter continues to champion exemplary, sustainable development that puts people at its heart. He is chairman of Mayfield Market Towns, an exemplary new development in Sussex. In 2019 he was the co-ordinator and co-sponsor of the Housing Sprint, a pioneering project bringing together the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, Berkeley Group, Clarion, Knight Frank, Savills and academics from the Oxford Business School, London School of Economics and the Bartlett School of Architecture to generate ideas to radically improve housing delivery in England, with an emphasis not just on numbers and building quality but on community engagement and land deal structures which provide maximum community benefit.
Peter’s CBE is the second honour from Her Majesty bestowed on an Argent Director, after Roger Madelin’s CBE for ‘Services to Sustainable Development’.
Peter commented on the award of his CBE: “It’s a great honour and is a reflection not just on my work but on everything everyone at Argent has contributed since Michael and I started the business nearly 40 years ago. The move from developing individual buildings to creating whole places began with our development Brindleyplace (Birmingham) in 1993. With the transformation of King’s Cross, we have the reward of seeing people enjoying its ten public squares every day.”
- BPF announces new President
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future