Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
Esri, a world leader in geographic information system (GIS) technology, presented Argent with a Special Achievement in GIS (SAG) Award on June 29th at their annual User Conference. Selected from over 300,000 eligible candidates, Argent received the award for its innovative application of technology, data collection, geospatial information visualization, and thought leadership through GIS in the field of property development and construction.
“The SAG Awards serve a great purpose,” said Esri founder and President Jack Dangermond. “A Special Achievement in GIS Award recognizes best practices for organizations implementing technology to change the world. Highlighting good work benefits the entire GIS community and that’s very valuable.”
Argent introduced AGIS Online, collaborative web GIS to increase the usefulness of our geographical information resources. This brought a more efficient approach to understanding land, property and our assets. GIS at Argent has been utilited in the whole life cycle of the project by streamline asset information collection, facilitate better planning and analysis. Also by efficient sharing of information in and out of the field it provided a comprehensive view of all operations.
“The SAG Awards is a celebration of excellence and we are privilledged to be selected as winners” said Lilia Wydra, Argent’s GIS Manager. “We use GIS in the whole life cycle of the project, from planning and construction to asset management. Advanced reporting capabilities offered by ArcGIS Online enabled Argent to access current information and therefore
to boost performance and take smart decisions”.
Argent was one of 167 organizations in fields such as architecture, engineering and construction, and state and local government to receive a SAG Award. Esri staff nominate thousands of candidates annually from around the world for consideration and company President Dangermond selects the finalists.
“SAG winners are diverse in their geographical representation by design,” Dangermond said. “We purposely focus on the different regions of the world because we’re looking for best practices of GIS in different cultures and different geographies.”
For more information on how Argent is innovating through the application of GIS, click here.
- New Managing Partners and New Partners at Argent
- BPF announces new President
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future