Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
Argent Related today announced it has been formally selected to deliver a 192-acre site at Brent Cross South in partnership with Barnet Council. The site sits immediately south of the Brent Cross Shopping Centre, which will be significantly transformed over the next few years. Argent Related will enter into a joint venture alongside Barnet Council. The bid success is an endorsement of the two firms’ partnership, announced Monday, and is its first project to be announced.
The site has existing planning permission for (GEA) 4.2m sq ft of commercial space, 6.8m sq ft of residential (circa 7,500 new homes), 660,000 sq ft of industrial, 115,000 sq ft of leisure (including three re-built schools), 350,000 sq ft of retail and many new public squares, parks and fields.
The selection of Argent Related was ratified by Barnet Council last night; it follows a two-stage OJEU bid process and a shortlist of four development teams, with the Council recognising Argent Related’s “long term vision for Brent Cross South… clear views on how that vision would be supported over time” and belief that “we could work with Argent Related to create something that will bring lasting benefits for generations of Barnet residents to come.”
The two firms will work together to develop sensitively and sustainably, breathing new life into this part of north London and benefiting existing business and residential communities by providing new public spaces and amenities, while also delivering a significant contribution to the new homes and offices that London needs.
Argent Related’s winning bid looked in depth at the ingredients necessary for a successful piece of city, in particular the public spaces and uses within the scheme. Its submission works with the existing approved masterplan, designed by Allies + Morrison, yet recognises the importance of engaging with local residents and businesses going forward, to ensure the best possible scheme is delivered. David Partridge, Joint CEO of Argent Related and Managing Partner, Argent LLP, said, “Our team has a track record of significant urban placemaking and delivering large-scale mixed-use developments. We are delighted to have been chosen as the team to deliver Brent Cross South, and will work hard to create the successful, exciting, lasting piece of city the area deserves.”
Kenneth P. Wong, Joint CEO of Argent Related and COO and Director of International Development of Related Companies, said, “Our combined Argent Related team worked extremely hard on the bid so it is very gratifying to win, especially against such qualified local and international competition. We share Barnet’s vision of creating a vibrant, living town centre and look forward to the collaboration ahead.”
Work is expected to start on the site in 2017.
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future