Contractor for Paraside Circus announced
Marking the latest milestone in Birmingham’s 17 acre Paradise Circus project, the identity of the contractor selected for the enabling and first phase infrastructure work on the site has been announced.
Following a formal tender process, Paradise Circus General Partner Ltd – the joint venture company formed for the project – has selected Carillion as the contractor for the initial stage of the project. A programme of enabling works is due to start this autumn and Phase One infrastructure works early next year.
The Paradise Circus project is being taken forward through a Joint Venture Company between Birmingham City Council and Hermes Real Estate. Argent is managing the design and delivery of the site works on behalf of the Joint Venture Company as well as being the Development Manager for Hermes Real Estate on the commercial buildings.
Chris Taylor, Chief Executive, Hermes Real Estate, said: “The appointment of Carillion will add to the vast experience of our already top class project team. This is an important project for the regeneration of Birmingham and Paradise Circus will bring high quality, office-led mixed-use space in a city where there is a looming shortage of sustainable Grade A office space.”
Speaking on behalf of Carillion, Chief Executive Richard Howson said: “Paradise Circus is a crucial project for the city and Carillion is very proud to have been selected to be part of it. We are looking forward immensely to starting work on the site, supporting infrastructure and working alongside such an experienced and successful team.”
Sir Albert Bore, Leader of Birmingham City Council said: “This is the start of another chapter in the transformation of Paradise Circus and the fact that we will witness the start of work next year is part of a very positive story for Birmingham.
“Alongside New Street Station, the Metro extension, John Lewis store, Grand Central and the lengthened runway at Birmingham Airport, Paradise Circus will change perceptions of our city and attract new businesses and visitors.”
Rob Groves, Senior Project Director for Argent said: “The project is now moving forward very rapidly with activity planned to start on site later this year, on the first phase of the major redevelopment of this key part of the city centre.
“The appointment of Carillion as contractor, following that of Grant Associates as Landscape Architects, Glenn Howells as architects of the first building and the imminent results of an architects’ competition for the design of the second, is a further indicator of the positive evolution of this game-changing development for Birmingham.”
A website showcasing the proposals for Paradise Circus can be viewed at www.paradisecircus.co.uk
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future