Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
London-based Argent, part-owner and the asset manager of King’s Cross, today announces a new addition to its senior management team.
Anthea Harries joins the company from The Crown Estate, where she managed the St James’s portfolio. Her role as Head of Assets (King’s Cross) at Argent will be to direct the asset management of King’s Cross, London’s 67-acre creative quarter of 80 new shops, 3.4 million sq ft of office space and close to 2,000 homes.
This year sees the opening of the area’s two most anticipated buildings: Gasholders London, apartments created inside a restored Victorian gasometer triplet; and Coal Drops Yard, the railway complex reinvented as a retail destination by the renowned design practice, Heatherwick Studio.
Anthea will report to Partner Anna Strongman. Anna says, “We are delighted Anthea is joining us. She will bring great skill and leadership qualities to the King’s Cross team, enabling us to build on the immense progress to date.”
Anthea says, “Over the last seven years I have worked with a fantastic team to create and deliver the strategic vision that has transformed St James’s. It has been a pleasure to work at The Crown Estate during this exciting time and I have no doubt the portfolio will continue to go from strength to strength under James Cooksey’s leadership.
“As I look forward in my career, I am delighted to be joining Argent to lead the asset management team at King’s Cross, to further build on the area’s commercial success and established reputation as a vibrant part of London.”
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Developer Argent appoints Head of Construction
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future