Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
The owners of St Pancras Hospital in London – a prime five acre site behind St Pancras International Station and next to the ongoing regeneration at King’s Cross – have chosen a preferred development partner for the land.
The King’s Cross Central Limited Partnership (KCCLP) will undertake and oversee the development of the site. The Trust will remain a flagship presence on the site and will retain the freehold.
The Trust is planning to move its existing inpatient services from St Pancras to a site behind the Whittington Hospital but retain other clinics, offices and research facilities at St Pancras.
Revenue from the site, which was once home to the St Pancras Workhouse, will allow the Trust to reinvest the money in new clinical and healthcare facilities.
Angela McNab, Chief Executive of the Trust said: “The appointment of KCCLP is a huge and significant step forward and will enable the transformation of the Trust’s estate, helping to deliver our visionary Clinical Strategy, which aims to provide the very best mental health care across our inpatient and outpatient communities.
“It has been a rigorous process to identify the right partner for this hugely important part of the work, but we believe the choice of KCCLP will enable us to get the very best out of this site, including clinical services, commercial space and private and affordable homes.”
Robert Evans, partner of Argent and CEO of the King’s Cross Estate said “We are delighted to have been chosen as the Trust’s preferred development partner. We are hugely excited by the potential of our partnership with the Trust and others; the development potential of this site; and the potential synergies with our existing King’s Cross Estate.
Together, we can transform the St Pancras Hospital site into a wonderful place to work, live and visit: a vibrant location for healthcare, workplace, living space and leisure activities; all embedded with the heritage of the hospital and the landscape of the adjacent canal and gardens.”
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future