James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
James Wates CBE has been appointed as a Non-Executive to Argent, adding to the Wates Group Chairman’s roster of professional responsibilities.
With effect from 1 May 2015, Mr Wates will contribute to Argent’s strategic growth and performance as a London, Birmingham and Manchester-based property developer.
His current credits also include positions as Chairman of leading industry bodies, the Building Research Establishment (BRE) Trust, the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) and the UK Contractors Group. He is also Chairman of the Prince’s Trust Built Environment Leadership Group.
With over 30 years in the construction industry, Mr Wates joined the Wates Board in 1997, becoming the Group Chairman in 2013.
Mr Wates commented: “Our industry benefits greatly from collaboration between contractors and developers, both in terms of strategic growth and operational performance.
”My time in this thriving and dynamic industry has given me immense enthusiasm to continually drive higher standards in the built environment and I look forward to bringing my passion and expertise to the Argent businesses.”
Jonathan Thompson, Independent Chairman of Argent, commented: “I am delighted James is joining Argent as a Non-Executive. He brings a wealth of business and construction experience to Argent at a time when it is expanding its regeneration footprint and when construction activity at King’s Cross will be at an all-time high.”
- New Managing Partners and New Partners at Argent
- BPF announces new President
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future