Leadership at Argent
David Partridge, the managing partner of Argent, announces today that he will be stepping back from the day-to-day running of the business in two years’ time, when the development of King’s Cross (which he and the Argent Partners have masterminded) reaches its final stages, at which point the new Argent Related projects will be in full swing and he will take up the role of Chairman of the Argent Related business.
Since the formation of the Argent LLP development business in 2012, David and the senior management team at Argent have grown the reputation and scale of the business through developing out King’s Cross and, as Argent Related, won significant new projects at Brent Cross South and Tottenham Hale. Together, they have built the skillset and headcount of the now 160-strong team.
Of the Argent Partners, Robert Evans is leading King’s Cross, Andre Gibbs and Nick Searl are heading up Brent Cross South, Anna Strongman is Head of Assets, Will Colthorpe leads on New Projects and Mike Lightbound is Chief Financial Officer, and the group (alongside their leading US partner Related) are seeking a CEO to run the Argent Related business.
Argent Related’s ambition is to expand the business further, based on the legacy of exemplary city building demonstrated by Argent and Related, in order to create a global leader in real estate. It is looking for a CEO with skills to complement the existing team and with the experience of running a business of scale.
All existing and new stakeholders in Argent are pleased to see the positive evolution and growth of Argent Related and welcome the opportunity to expand the leadership team.
The intention is for the new CEO to take up his or her appointment next year (2019), with a view to taking over the running of all elements of the AR business in 2020.
Available for comment:
Jonathan Thompson (Chairman of Argent)
Ken Wong (COO and Director of International Development at Related)
Chris Taylor (CEO of Hermes Real Estate & Head of Private Markets) said: “We are delighted to support the proposed evolution of the Argent business. At King’s Cross David Partridge and the exceptional team at Argent are delivering one of the world’s truly sustainable regeneration destinations. At Hermes we believe we have a fiduciary responsibility to our investors to not only deliver exceptional financial returns but ensure positive societal and environmental impacts – King’s Cross acts as the exemplar in every respect and we believe Argent has a wonderful platform for further growth to become the leader in sustainable development.”
- New Managing Partners and New Partners at Argent
- BPF announces new President
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future