Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
The London Borough of Haringey this evening resolved to grant permission for a transformational regeneration scheme in Tottenham Hale to move forward. The six-year development project by Argent Related will give Tottenham Hale the reinvigorated district centre it deserves, creating a welcoming, pedestrian-friendly heart, greened with around 70 new trees, for local residents, workers and visitors to enjoy.
Across five pieces of land, in six new buildings adjacent to Tottenham Hale’s rail, Underground and bus stations, Argent Related will deliver 1,030 new homes – a mix of affordable tenures including a large proportion of Council-owned social rented housing, market sale and rental; up to 20 new retail spaces; co-working and office space; a health centre serving 20,000 local people, and in excess of two football pitches’ worth of new public open space.
In 2016 Argent Related formed a strategic development partnership with the London Borough of Haringey and has since been working closely with Councillors, officers and local residents, businesses and community groups to design a scheme which is sensitive to its surrounding areas, prioritises pedestrians and cyclists, encourages visitors to spend time outdoors, and provides space for new shops, restaurants and a cinema.
Tom Goodall, Director, Argent Related, says, “Over the last three years we have got to know Tottenham as a place with ambition and creativity, with a distinctive history, sense of pride and integrity. We are very pleased the Council and local people have put their trust in Argent Related to deliver the physical change Tottenham Hale deserves and we look forward to delivering on our promises. As well as building homes – including a significant amount the Council will own and manage as much-needed social rented housing – our development will bring with it high-quality new public spaces, places for a local economy to grow, and hundreds of new jobs.”
The proposals were developed by a world-class consultant team including Alison Brooks Architects, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, Pollard Thomas Edwards and RUFFarchitects, with landscaping design by Adams & Sutherland and Grant Associates.
Construction could begin in Summer next year, with the first new homes being complete by the end of 2020. Argent Related values the relationships it has built with local people and will continue to work closely with them to deliver the detailed plans for the retail spaces and public realm, to ensure they celebrate the diversity and cultural richness existing in Tottenham Hale today.
- New Managing Partners and New Partners at Argent
- BPF announces new President
- More than 200 leading businesses urge UK Government to deliver clean, inclusive and resilient recovery plan
- Argent co-founder awarded CBE in Queen’s Honours List
- King’s Cross partnership strengthens its senior management team
- Development partner chosen for St Pancras site
- Argent appoints Lead Retail for King’s Cross
- Development to radically improve Tottenham Hale centre gets go-ahead
- Leadership at Argent
- King’s Cross developer reveals proposals for a new heart for Tottenham Hale
- Developer Argent appoints head of assets for King’s Cross
- Major study reveals social and economic value of King’s Cross regeneration
- Google submits plans for proposed King’s Cross office
- Agreement reached for major programme to transform Tottenham Hale
- Argent Honoured for Special Achievement in GIS
- Plans for joint venture’s development at Brent Cross South approved by Barnet Council
- Airport City Manchester moves into new phase
- Government sells its investment in King’s Cross development
- Argent announces new appointments to senior management team
- James Wates CBE joins Argent as a Non-Executive
- AustralianSuper to enter London market at King's Cross
- Argent Related wins Brent Cross South development opportunity
- Formation of Argent Related
- Work at Paradise will start in January 2015
- Paradise Circus architect chosen for first phase buiding
- Contractor for Paradise Circus announced
- Argent's London office wins BCO award
- Two Argent Partners jointly win award
- Global partners selected for joint venture on Manchester's Airport City
- Paradise Circus - Joint Venture approved by Cabinet
- Argent & Hermes Clients Funding Residential Development at King's Cross
- Argent moving to a Limited Liability Partnership as the company looks to the future